Community

Home Forums Support 1.0.10 gives me Internal Server Error 500; Was working with prior versions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Participant

First off,

Thank you Jack, Chris, and others for your awesome work with the BMLT and this new PDF generator.
      Truly it’s is such a gift to have to help facilitate carrying the message!

I have been successfully using the new plugin for WP for a few weeks now (we have not gone live on our website with it, but are still experimenting with it and hope to go live very soon).

1.0.7 worked, 1.0.8 worked, and now 1.0.10 is causing an internal server error, and when I look at my website error log, I see this repeatedly:

[05-Oct-2015 13:08:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/gsana/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/bmlt-meeting-list-generator/mpdf/mpdf.php on line 25488

Yes I have the latest BMLT server installed 2.6.28 as well.

Any ideas on what’s up and how to remedy?

Thanks!
      Mike

Janice
      Participant

Jack, I got the same problem with 1.0.10. It times out and dumps me back into our home page. In addition all our meeting list here on nameetinglist.org are showing artifacts and screwed up formatting problems. Can you please upload the version 1.0.9 plugin here as I had to take the meeting list generator off line. :-/

Janice
      Participant

Thanks Jack! All is back to being copasetic with 1.0.12. 😀

Jack
      Keymaster

I apologize (especially to Mike) for the recent problems.

The root cause of the ongoing issues with the past few versions was related to invalid characters in the custom editors. It took some hair pulling to figure this out.

When text is copy and pasted into an html editor there can be characters introduced that are not visible and cause problems when converting everything to a PDF (which uses UTF-8 encoding). Some editors even have a “Paste from Word” button to strip these naughty characters. MS Word has always been an on-going headache for html editors.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and for helping to make this tool even better.

Jack

Mike
      Participant

No problem at all Jack, this stuff happens. Next time I wont be so quick to pull the trigger on an update, LOL!

We are also copacetic with version 1.0.12 now 🙂

Thank you!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.