Community

Home Forums Support Add back in geo location service?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Janice
      Participant

Since we got the Google Maps link fixed can we add back in the geo location service that shows the mileage to the meeting?

Jack
      Keymaster

The geo location (function) that showed the mileage in BMLT Tabs requires the BMLT server to reside on a secured server. The reason it was removed is because most BMLT servers are not secured servers. I am thinking about adding an option to the BMLT tabs plugin to enable the geo function for BMLT servers that are on secured servers. The Florida BMLT server is not on a secured server.

With all that said. I can anticipate your next question. Can we make the Florida BMLT server secured? The answer is probably. I do not have a timeline to make it happen, but will put it on my to do list.

Janice
      Participant

Thanks Jack!

Are you still working on the Florida Region stuff? I thought you moved out of state?

Janice
      Participant

At one time the geo-location worked for several months on the FR server. Did something change?

Jack
      Keymaster

Nothing changed on the FR server. Google decided to required the origin server to be secured. The changed happened 4/20/2016.

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2016/04/geolocation-on-secure-contexts-only?hl=en

Steve
      Participant

Are you going to add the option for secured servers? We have quite a few regions on our server and it’s secured.

Jack
      Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Now that I have a better understanding of the secured server vs google’s requirement, I am thinking of adding some logic that will enable the “miles to meeting” data when a secured server is detected.

Is this what you meant?

Jack

Steve
      Participant

Yes, I do love that feature.

Janice
      Participant

I don’t think the issue is whether the root server is secured Jack. We installed SSL on our main website and now we get geo location services even though the Florida root server is unsecured.

Mobile Devices

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.