Community

Home Forums Support Add Portuguese to meeting Group Column headers?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Janice
      Participant

What’s the possibilities to add Portuguese to the meeting Group Column headers? The South Florida Region and of course us have our websites in English, Spanish, and Portuguese (via Google Translate). The South Florida Region also has their toll free help line in those three languages as well (844) 623-5674. Depending on what the Florida Region Areas have to say in November it may become the toll free phone line for the entire State of Florida. 🙂

jim
      Participant

The Space Coast Area Public Relations committee also asked if they can remove the Spanish days of the week in the headers…since they do NOT have any Spanish meetings…or list the meetings in Spanish.

Janice
      Participant

That’s easy to fix Jim. Click on the “Meetings” button and at the top you will see the “Meeting Group Column Header.” In there you will see a “Weekdays Language” button that allows you to make language choices in a drop down list.

I on the other hand have to get Jack to add in Portuguese to the list of available options. They recently added French as well. We have the capability to add translations to our website and the two most common languages in Brevard County are English (95%) and Spanish (5%), but in Florida about 20% of the population speaks Spanish. We consider it just a simple PI outreach issue. 🙂

Jack
      Keymaster

Janice,

Was able to add the Portuguese option to the meeting Group Column headers.

It is currently working on nameetinglist.org only.

Could you give it a try in your meeting list?

I will submit the plugin update to WordPress when you let me know it is working as expected.

Keep in mind the translation for Saturday and Sunday are exactly the same in Spanish and Portuguese.

Jack

Janice
      Participant

I checked the translations on Google and Babylon and all appears to be correct. It also prints out correctly at: https://nameetinglist.org/south-florida-region-east-central-florida-area-by-day-sample/?current-meeting-list=1 (I will leave this up for a few days). I do have a query into the South Florida Region just to make sure if you want to wait. 🙂

Janice
      Participant

This has been instituted into version 1.0.9 of the plugin and this site. 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.