Community

Home Forums Support Get Days of Week but no Meetings

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Danny 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Richard
    Participant

I can’t get the BLMT Meeting List Generator to work. I even tried “Bread” which is a fork (both stable and unstable). When I run the “Generate Meeting List” I just get the days of the week but no meetings regardless of which of the 3 plugins I use.

Plugin Settings:

BMLT Server URL: https://texasoklahomana.org/main_server/

Service Body 1:(North Louisiana Area (1062) Louisiana Region (1054)

all other settings are default and haven’t been changed.

The BMLT worpress plugin as well as the tabbed plugin are installed and working great.

My system:

Digital Ocean Droplet with 1 core, 1GB RAM, 25GB SSD (Yes I’m a cheap Bastard)

Ubuntu 18.04 with Apache 2 2.4.29, mariadb 10.1, 2.4.29, php 7.2, and WordPress 4.9.5, configured as per: https://websiteforstudents.com/install-wordpress-on-ubuntu-16-04-17-10-18-04-with-apache2-mariadb-php-7-2-and-lets-encrypt-ssl-tls/

Any thoughts?

Richard T
    PI Chairman
    North Louisiana Area

Janice
    Participant

Can you give me a screen shot of your settings page?

Richard
    Participant

Screen shot using Meeting List Generator Plugin settings standard pluginhttps://nlana.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/output_screen.png

Screen shot using bread plugin settings bread plugin

Screen shot of output of either plugin output

Jack
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

I have it working on the nameetinglist.org website.

https://nameetinglist.org/test-meeting-list/?current-meeting-list=1

I’m sending you the exported json file via your email. Import that into your meeting list generator settings and see if it works for you.

Jack

Jack
    Keymaster

I noticed in your screenshot that you had both your region and your area selected. Even though that would work. It’s not necessary to select the region as a service body. You only need to select your area as service body one. Unless you are trying to generate a regional meeting list. Then you would select the region.

Richard
    Participant

I can generate a meeting list with the json file you sent me but if I save changes, even if I haven’t made any changes then the output reverts back to days only with no content. Apparently I can’t generate or update an appropriate json file. Could it possibly be the version of php or wordpress that I’m using?

Jack
    Keymaster

Do you know what PHP version you are using? There might be a problem with PHP 7.0 or higher. If you can switch versions. Try PHP 5.6. It works with the latest version of WordPress. I have an update to the meeting list generator almost ready that I know works with PHP > 7.0.

Richard
    Participant

I ‘m using php 7.2. Not sure if I can go back to php 5.6 in ubuntu 18.04. will check it out.

Would love to try your beta.

Richard
    Participant

I found a howto on setting up php 7.2 (which I’m already using) and php 5.6 on the same server. I might do a system backup and give it a try.

How close are you on the plugin that will work with php 7.2? If it’s getting close I’ll just wait for it.

Richard
    Participant

I tried the beta plugin and get the same results. No problem generating a meeting list with the imported json but fubars when you make any changes.

Richard
    Participant

Finally got something to work. I used your sample json file with the Bread plugin form the git repo unstable branch. Everything works like a charm not. Still running php 7.2.

Danny
    Participant

bread now supports PHP 7.2

Danny
    Participant

Richard were you able to use the latest version of bread with php 7.2?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.