Community

Home Forums Support How to change the meeting abbreviations in the Legend

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Janice
      Participant

I asked about this a while back and I was never able to figure out where to change this stuff in the plugin. Can you give us a short set of directions as how to do it? I sense that our area and the Space Coast Area would like to change a few things. 😉

Jack
      Keymaster

Changing the meeting abbreviations in the Legend is not possible using the plugin.

The meeting legend is stored in the BMLT server database. It is shared by everyone using that particular server. If a meeting abbreviation is changed it will affect every meeting on the server using that code.

With that said. IMHO. We should always be open to change. It might be easier to add a new code rather than change something that would affect 30+ areas using BMLT in the Florida and South Florida Region.

Janice
      Participant

I thought I had seen other areas that had different legend’s than us. There must be a way for us to produce a different legend as our BMLT page at http://naflorida.org/bmlt_server has 40 legend entries. Our legend only has 20 entries. Perhaps I didn’t word the question properly. We would like in some instances to add to or delete the current entries. 🙂

On a side note am I correct in assuming that this server is in or around England?

Jack
      Keymaster

Here are the shortcodes for inserting the legend into the meeting list.

[format_codes_used_basic]

This will insert only the format codes that are used by the meetings in the meeting list.

[format_codes_used_detailed]

This will insert only the format codes (with long description) that are used by the meetings in the meeting list.

[format_codes_all_basic]

This will insert all the format codes that are stored on the server.

[format_codes_all_detailed]

This will insert all the format codes (with long description) that are stored on the server.

Janice
      Participant

Sometimes quickly, sometimes really slow!

I see now that our meeting list legend changes automatically depending on what meeting code selections we utilize in the Root Server Administration Console, correct?

So by going through the process to add something we can have new abbreviations to use. Am I assuming this would be decided upon by FRSC with input from all concerned?

Jack
      Keymaster

I see now that our meeting list legend changes automatically depending on what meeting code selections we utilize in the Root Server Administration Console, correct?

Yes that is correct.

So by going through the process to add something we can have new abbreviations to use. Am I assuming this would be decided upon by FRSC with input from all concerned?

There is not a process in place where the FRSC decides when a new code is added. It is very informal. If there is a new code that is needed there should not be an issue with adding it. Please consider the current codes have been used by the Florida and South Florida regions for the past 3-4 years without any issues. Let me know what is needed and I’ll do my best to see that it is added.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.